Derby Day Pie
The "fastest two minutes in sports" pie filled with pecans, chocolate chips and a brown sugar base. It is a Kentucky favorite!
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups pecans chopped
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- splash of Bourbon optional
- 1 9 inch pie crust homemade or store bought
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Roll out pie crust into a 9 inch pie dish and set aside.
In a medium-sized bowl, use a spoon to mix together the butter, eggs, vanilla extract and brown sugar together until thick and creamy.
Add the flour and salt. Mix together to combine. If using Bourbon, add a splash to the mixture.
Add chopped pecans and chocolate chips to the mixture and stir to combine. Pour into the pie crust.
Bake for about 50 minutes until done. It will be a little jiggly but no big wobbles. Allow to cool before slicing. Enjoy!