It’s fall and I’ve been baking up a storm. We are in full swing sourdough season, and I’ve got ripe/active starter and discard aplenty! Here are 11 Best Fall Sourdough Recipes that you can make with your discard or sourdough starter today.
1. Pumpkin Bars with Discard: Nothing says fall quite like delicious pumpkin bars. Add in some sourdough discard and a whipped, creamy frosting – you’ll be dreaming about these all year long!
2. The Best Sourdough Apple Pie: Fall and apples go hand in hand. This apple pie with a sourdough pie crust is the perfect recipe for a fall weekend. Tender apples, bathed in a brown sugar sauce and rolled into a flaky sourdough pie crust – it couldn’t be better!
3. Fall Charcuterie Board: I brought this focaccia charcuterie board to a party and it was a hit! Spiced pecans, apples, apple butter, brie cheese and rosemary give this focaccia delicious flavor, and you get to eat the actual board. It’s a statement dish for sure. Bring it to your next gathering and you won’t be disappointed.
4. Pumpkin Sourdough Artisan Bread: This bread has been a huge hit for anyone who loves sourdough artisan bread. The addition of pumpkin, brown sugar and some pumpkin pie spice make this artisan bread super soft, a little sweet and oh so delicious. Perfect for those cool fall evenings and crisp mornings.
5. Apple Cider Sourdough Muffins: If you really want a taste of fall, these apple cider sourdough muffins are incredible. Apples used in three ways: freshly grated apple, apple cider and apple sauce are all in these delicious muffins. Throw in some sourdough discard and you have the perfect fall-inspired muffin!
6. Sourdough Cinnamon Chip Pumpkin Muffins: Do you love the combination of sweet spices and pumpkin? These cinnamon chip pumpkin muffins with sourdough discard are some of our favorites. A sweetly spiced sourdough pumpkin muffin baked with cinnamon chips in the batter make this recipe a fall favorite.
7. Sourdough Popovers: Talk about yumm! These sourdough discard popovers are the perfect dish to pair with a bowl of soup or as a side dish for dinner.
8. Caramel Apple Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls: Talk about a taste of fall! These caramel apple sourdough cinnamon rolls are stuffed full of sweet apples, drizzled with a homemade caramel sauce and topped with cream cheese icing. Basically the perfect fall breakfast (or dessert!).
9. Sourdough Discard Apple Cake: Studded with sweet apples, this sourdough discard apple cake is a fall favorite. Enjoy with a dollop of whipped cream and you’ll be feeling all the fall feels!
10. Fluffy Sourdough Cornbread: Need some cornbread with your chili? This fluffy sourdough cornbread is sweet and delicious. It’s the perfect accompaniment to a warm bowl of chili, or makes the perfect side dish drizzled with honey butter.
11. Sourdough Bread Bowls: Sourdough bread bowls are delicious anytime, but when soup season returns in the fall, they are especially delicious. Serve these with your favorite soup and enjoy the soup/bread bowl combination. Definitely a fall favorite!
Which recipe will you choose to make this fall from this list of 11 Best Sourdough Fall Recipes? And if you’re looking for more delicious sourdough discard recipes, check them out here: